So, you’ve just bought an Ulrich Lifestyle building – congratulations!
You picked one that was already built and sitting on the sales lot, so you’re ready to take it home and start filling it up. Maybe you bought a run-in shed, so perhaps fill it with a donkey or two? Warning: they do make loud noises, sometimes in the middle of the night.
But wait, you drove your little Toyota Corolla here. How are you going to get that 12×20 storage shed home with you?
Well okay, that’s obvious; you’re not going to be fitting a barn into your trunk. You’re going to need us to deliver that, and lucky for you, we’ve got a great delivery team! We have a few blog posts about the delivery process already (and even one with a video), but this post is specifically to answer the questions we frequently hear from customers.
If you have additional questions that aren’t listed here, feel free to contact us! We’d love to chat with you.
Skim this post: Here are the questions we’ll be answering.
- What site preparation do I need to do before delivery?
- What kind of gravel should I use for my pad?
- How long will the delivery and installation take?
- What kind of vehicle is used to deliver the building?
- How wide is the truck and trailer?
- How tall will the building be when sitting on the trailer?
- Do I need to be home for delivery?
- What if there is a fence blocking access to the set-site? Will Ulrich Lifestyle remove it for me?
- If there are trees or branches blocking access to the set-site, will Ulrich Lifestyle cut or remove them for me?
- I ordered a ramp for my shed; will the delivery crew attach it for me?
- If there is open space between the ground and bottom of my building, should I enclose it to prevent animals from getting under the building?
- Can I provide my own block instead of using Ulrich Lifestyle block?
- Will Ulrich Lifestyle move my building for me if I need to relocate?
1. What site preparation do I need to do before delivery?
Sheds with square footage of 252 square feet and under (14×18, 12×20, and smaller) can be set on blocks. All garages and buildings larger than 252 square feet must be set on a level, flat pad – either gravel or concrete.
The property should allow the delivery truck and trailer to drive to the site where the building will be set with no fences or trees/tree limbs blocking access.
2. What kind of gravel should I use for my pad?
When building a pad for your building, it is important to choose gravel that will not slip and slide. For example, loose pea gravel is not the best choice as it can give way under the weight of a shed. Most people choose 21A gravel or crusher run for their pad. Both gravels pack and hold nicely to keep a level and flat surface, while also provide water drainage.
3. How long will the delivery and installation take?
Delivery and installation usually takes an average of 1 – 2 hours, depending on the site where the building is being set. The more level and flat the area is, and the fewer obstacles there are, the faster the installation will go. With more obstacles such as fences and trees, and with an uneven site, the installation will likely take longer to complete.
4. What kind of vehicle is used to deliver the building?
Ulrich Lifestyle buildings are delivered with a commercial-grade pickup truck pulling a flatbed shed trailer, with the building loaded on this trailer.
5. How wide are the truck and trailer?
The truck and trailer are about 8 feet, 6 inches wide.
Merlyn (aka “Squirrel” to his friends and coworkers) works with the truck driver and a trailer remote to get this 10×12 loaded up for delivery.
6. How tall will the building be when sitting on the trailer?
The peak of our tallest buildings usually sits about 13 feet 6 inches from the ground when loaded on the trailer.
This gives you an visual of the height. It also lets you see a shed delivery convoy – an extra wide load requires escorts front and back.
7. Do I need to be home for delivery?
We prefer that you are home when your building is delivered, mainly to show the delivery crew exactly where you want the shed installed. If you are not able to be there personally, we request that an adult you trust and who knows where you want the building set (could be a spouse/grown child/neighbor) be there at the time of delivery.
8. If there is a fence blocking access to the set-site, will Ulrich Lifestyle remove it for me?
The customer is responsible for preparing their site, so we ask that they handle fence removal.
9. If there are trees or branches blocking access to the set-site, will Ulrich Lifestyle
cut or remove them for me?
Again, each customer is responsible for site preparation, which includes trimming and/or removing trees that may interfere with delivery of the building. If you are not sure if you have obstacles on your property, consult your sales person. They may choose to do a site visit to give you an idea of what might need to be done.
10. If I ordered a ramp, will the delivery crew attach it for me?
Yes, the delivery crew will install your ramp for you.
11. If there is open space between the ground and bottom of my building, should I enclose it to prevent animals from getting under the building?
Feel free to enclose the opening between the ground and bottom of your building, but we suggest you leave room for air flow beneath the building. This will prevent moisture from being trapped beneath the building. Lattice is an option many shed owners choose to install; it looks nice and allows air to flow beneath the building.
12. If I have my own block, can you use them instead of Ulrich Lifestyle‘s block?
The delivery team can use your block if you wish, but the “free delivery” is part of the package sale – no refund is given if Ulrich Lifestyle uses your own block instead of theirs.
13. Will Ulrich Lifestyle move my building for me if I need to relocate?
Yes, Ulrich Lifestyle offers shed relocation services to our customers at competitive rates. Rates will vary depending on the size of the building, geographic area, and distance of the move.
We hope that these questions and answers have been helpful. If you have any more questions, please let us know! We would be delighted to answer them for you.
More questions? Interested in buying a shed?